To personally sell new and used cars to achieve your personal targets each month at the budgeted gross profit margin. As a member of the sales team, to assist in achieving and developing the department's overall performance targets, maintaining a high standard of customer care and satisfaction.
To comply with and maintain Company policies, standards and procedures relating to quality and customer care within your department.
By recognising and following work rules, you must demonstrate a willingness to foster strong working relationships with your colleagues functioning as a team player who is willing to accept and respond positively to criticism.
- Qualify the needs of all customers and to identify the product & relevant features for their needs.
- To conduct a 5-point presentation of the product, its features relevant to the customer and the associated benefits.
- To conduct a test drive with each customer who has received a presentation over a distance and course suitable to fully demonstrate the product and why it is suitable to that individual customer.
- Contact Advantage to be completed correctly.
- Confirmed professional referral to the Business Manager
- A correct appraisal of the part exchange vehicle and accurate completion of a needs & requirement form.
- The correct completion of the Retail Order Form and Vehicle Purchase Invoice, including the relevant customer signature.
- The vehicle being paid for in full prior to release.
- Proof of a 5-day follow-up for each and every customer.
- Petrol must be charged on all new & used vehicles.
- 100% service booking referral to the Service Department using the new triplicate pads which must be completed for every sale.
- To carry out duties using Birchwood guidelines at all times.
- To sell a minimum total sales volume of units.
- To sell the agreed number of units at no less than the agreed minimum profit level per unit.
- To ensure achievement of model sales model mix as agreed by the Department Manager.
- To create additional new customers through prospecting system and to maximise the retention of current customers.
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of the company sales and credit procedures for all departments and complete all required documentation consistently.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the current product range.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of competitive products.
- Be able to qualify prospects and determine what their buying motives are, what they should buy and how best to sell to them.
- To follow the Sales Process for all enquiries ensuring that each and every step is accurately and methodically completed (Copy Flow Chart attached).
- Ensure that ALL prospects are accurately recorded on the Contact Advantage System.
- Give a feature benefits presentation of the vehicle that is tailored to the customer's interests and needs.
- Complete the minimum level of demonstrations as advised by your Manager to required demonstration standard.
- To be available for out-of-hours promotional and training activities.
- To handover all vehicles in a systematic, professional and sensitive manner.
- To refer all customers to the Business Manager in a competent manner as appropriate.
- To maximise sale of other products such as accessories.
- Ensure 100% service booking referrals to the Service Department.
- Other duties as requested.